Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Second day.. more randomness.

ahhhhh... life stinks right now.. I hate studying for materials. There's too much information and I don't seem to be taking any of it in. So many damn characterization techniques that all seem the same to me. Electrons going in and electons coming out.... Sometimes there are ions and x-rays involved but how the hell am I supposed to remember that. I hope nogami takes it easy on us... he probably will which will send the class average very high and then he'll come after us on the final... damn... I don't want to think about finals, I know it's going to be a very tough time. Last term was pure insanity around exam time it took me the whole chirstmas break to get back to my usually lazy self.

hmmmm.. what else... we sort of blew off the physics lab today as it's the first one of a new experiment and no one really cares unless you're on the few keeners. Again, after some more nano grad school talk I am even more certain that I want to go away for grad school, as far away as I can get from UT. It's so damn competitive and impresonal here and if I have to walk through SF or Bahen one more day than I need to I'm seriously going to shoot myself. I hope all the third nanos get into good grad schools and hook me up when I get back from pey. It'd be absoloutley amazing if a bunch of us ended up at the same school. I guess I'm always looking for that light at the end of the tunnel. I recall an upper year comparing Eng Sci to the Shawshank Redemption, I don't think he could more right. But the thing is they actually escaped from the prison at the end and wound up on a nice beach.. to truly complete the story I need to get out UT and go down to UC Berkley or Stanford or somewhere else.

I hope my undergrad has an ending like the movie....... a happy one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home