Monday, January 02, 2006

happy new year!

yah.. been a very long since my last post. It's not that I haven't had the time, it's more that I haven't had anything to procrastinate from.

but.. one day before I head back... a bunch of work to catch up on... and here I am. It's a mix of me taking on too much at work and just the general oddness at three letter acronym company that leaves me wasting away my last holiday.

at work they tend to sort of "ignore" or let the bad things go quiet but openly acknowledge the good things, even if they're much smaller.

for instance, a promotion in the department is met with a meeting of all the top people, congratulations all around, a small speech etc.

but.. the laying off of a few key ppl and the voluntary leave of my immediate boss, someone who has been at the company for 18 YEARS!.. does not even merit an e-mail. tsk... tsk.. I must find out through hush hush conversations and through simple deduction (eg. passwords being changed and accounts being reassigned). whatever.. only 8.. actually 6 more months to go..

back to new years.
I've never been a fan of new year's resolutions. I don't think you need a particular date to be setting goals for yourself, but if that's what people need for motivation then why not. I recall a entreprenuer info session at the career centre back in first year that was of a husband and wife team who built a very succesful company from scratch. The man made it very clear that setting goals for oneself is very important. And even more importantly WRITE THEM DOWN, somewhere... anywhere. If you don't, you'll continually make compromise after compromise. The takeaway, write down your goals for 2006.

all for now.. one of my new years resolutions is more posting for 2006!.. actually, not really.. but I will do better than one every two weeks. I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home