Sunday, November 20, 2005

the team dynamic

teams at work are a lot different than what I'm used too..

in school it was usually the same. The requirements of the task were always clear, we all shared similar goals, and were more or less fairly capable. Of course ignoring POs inability to build a simple ball sorter. [j/k...]

at work, it's different. People may have hidden motives, the requirements are rarely if ever clear and often change, and lastly, people are capable, but usually super busy.

but I consider myself to be a team person. I much prefer it over working independently, which can be at odds with my job at times, so to counteract, I've tried to join as many teams as I can.

A very weird and odd team I'm on is one of those very poorly led ones. The requirements are not clear and often change, meetings always go off track and in general, I rarely feel included or know what's going on. It's a train wreck. And kills my motivation. I never want to do work for the team and don't really care if it succeeds.

On the other hand, I'm on another team where it is quite the opposite. I feel included, know what's going on and the meetings are run well. So my motivation thrives, I go above and beyond what is expected and contribute wherever possible.

Leading me to... where you work, specifically who your boss is, is incredibly important. Although most of this is often out of your control it is good to note that if you find yourself in a leadership position, be aware of your importance.

I guess I sort of went down this path as I just watched office space again. I scored the special edition box set with the mug, mouse pad and red stapler. Still a great movie.

lastly.. I went nuts on Saturday and bought a bunch of coldplay tickets a good ten mins after they went on sale although they were supposedly sold out after 4. I bought a foursome that I'll keep, but I have a twosome I bought for the hell of it. If anyone is a good ebayer or is interested, let me know. I won't lie, the seats aren't great, but it's coldplay.

ohh.... and the oc has turned to garbage. The low point being when ryan went nuts on a punching bag. I was laughing my ass off.

bye bye.

2 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool website! Good work. Good resources here. Very nicely done. I will be back!
- maybemoe.blogspot.com 3
spaghetti alla carbonara

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been interested in this theme for a long time and it was insulting for me that during development of technologies, I still search for the information offline. With the advent of your site I have plunged with all my soul into Internet.
- www.blogger.com d
spaghetti alla carbonara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home