Tuesday, November 29, 2005

focus

I have a weird set of personal goals for myself while at work, the number of which is continually expanding. A few that I've accomplished or are close to finshing... having an analyst call setup just for me (that's talking to an expert in a particular area.. normally costs a lot of money), working on a project with every person in the department (close.. but there are still a few elusive people) and most recently, observing a focus group!

yes!.. I was one of those guys behind the two-way mirror. VERY cool. I can't get into too many details, but it was a great time. It made me feel all important.

Focus groups are an extremely useful tool in marketing in general, but one of the more unusual uses that I've heard about is in the use of high profile court cases. YES.. not joking. How did OJ get off?.. what about Michael?.. I bet focus groups were the key to their cases. Let me explain. So, a big part of these trials is the jury. And when picking the jury it's all about demographics. Through focus groups, the lawyers can learn what demographics will lean towards innocent and in turn pick the same type of people for the jury. They'll then mimic the jury with a focus group and test things out on them and see how it plays off. Test their opening statement, line of questioning for a witness, closing statement.. it never ends. The only prohibiting factor is the green. But if you've got the green you'll likely get off scott clean. My rhyme for the day.

bye for now

2 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger chris said...

wow c000000000l. i'll never get to do something like that!

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wondering summoning strangely people responsive divx charted dietary violate nexavar come
lolikneri havaqatsu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home