Saturday, February 26, 2005

champagne supernova.... (not biting hornyhamster)

As I was sprawled out on my bed very much annoyed with atoms I began to hear my roomate singing along to champagne supernova.. this of course reminded me (thanks to hornyhamster) that there's always procrastination and it's available in the form of blogging.

Actually a pretty uneventful day thanks to atoms. Besides wasting two and half of hours watching as good as it gets I've been trying to study. While watching the movie a bunch of random cheesy commercials were aired. I guess TBS has lowered its standards. I've actually always been a fan of the infomercial genre. It's absolutely great. You can lie, make up corny puns and invent random payment plans that will somehow can get a lazy ass coach potato to pick up the phone and buy your garbage. It's an art form really. Whenever there was an option of doing a presentation in high school we would somehow try to spin it towards an infomercial. It's so easy and fun. All you need is a scientific type guy who is willing to lie through his teeth, a complete idiot who will buy the scientific guys crap, a deep voice over that continually adds on the stupidest products as an additional incentive and the famous payment plan.

I'm not sure how effective the infomercials are but there has to be better way. I remember from the movie the Truman Show they went completely commerical free by advertising IN THE SHOW. It doesn't even need to be that obvious. For instance, I'm sure that bagel consumption is on the rise in no small part due to the OC. Also, if you look closely most of the computers on TV are macs. Perhaps in the near future we'll see seth cohen lace up some nikes, throw on levis jeans and drink some cold pepsi instead of hearing about in the break. As long as the end product is less commericals and more OC I don't mind at all.

Anyways, that's all for me...

2 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Blogger Jesterhat said...

It's champagne, you idiot.

 
At 4:05 AM, Blogger Mohit said...

you're right.. I remember in OTH specficially how Nathan and Haley use that blue inspiron notebook.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home