Sunday, February 27, 2005

Third year bitching...

oh no.... don't you just hate it when you're so sick of studying that you start wondering about the whole damn university system. Actually no, it's just another form of proccrastination, and I love that.

Soooo, what are the ways to be successful in third year?
a) Be a genius, not just your run of the mill definition which would probably encompass all of those who get above class average in n sci.
b) Work like a MOFO and I don't mean go to class do your homework go to sleep and repeat. I mean cut sleep out of the equation go to every office hour you can, sit next to the geniuses from part a) and become addicted to crack.
c) There is no c)... shit.. I'm fucked!

Third year is such a bitch. So much worse than first and second year. We're learning difficult meaningless crap with horrbile teaching and textbooks. And it feels like I'm still a complete dumbass. I remember quite clearly in grade 10 how I was pissed of at my teacher for giving us some crap about ionization energy trends on the periodic table. "Shielding" was what she told us.. sure that's just total BS. Well, it turns out it isn't!! We can't solve crap. We take such horrible approximations for Helium. Helium goddamnit!! We can't even touch the hyperfine splitting of Hydrogen (fucking Z=1) because it's too complicated and we need Born and Oppenheimer for H2. Man .. that deeper meaning I was looking for does not exist. I definitely don't want to go into physics... good luck jesterhat, I saw what you need to take next year, quantum II, relativity I... you're going to get smoked.

Screw it all.. I'm going to bed.

1 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Jesterhat said...

Welcome to third year moe. Oh wait, you forgot to mention that 3 people in my option are top 5 eng sci... How do you like these odds?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home