Thursday, October 06, 2005

Thursday...

thursdays.. OC... chilling at home and more recently, reading. It started off as long-term study tool for the gre but has really started to grow on me. I haven't had the opportunity for some time as school always sort of made me hate reading. There would always be an insanely dense and boring textbook that would be calling me instead of an enjoyable Tom Clancy or something similar.

but, instead of a book, I just finished reading a few articles in the most recent Fortune.. yes... yes... taking this business stuff to heart. It's not easy coming into a position of mine as it requires an intuitive feeling of the business world and I have zero experience and background in the area. But, I am learning and it's getting better.

So, the one article that I found particularly interesting is the one about the current ceo of ge. Nuts, nuts, nuts... he's nuts. 100 hours a week, 5am-9pm everyday, flying every which way, speeches, lunches, meetings... all while leading the biggest company in the world and honestly, with power only short of the idiot in the white house, the crazy man in Pyongyang and a guy I don't know a lot about in China. And what's makes this even more interesting is ge doesn't like to play musical chairs with it's top man, he's there for twenty years barring some major disaster. If you want to make an impact in the world, be him. It's his job to forsee future growth markets (including nano.. yeah!!) and push the company to capatalize. This is big. His investments in nano can prove to be the tipping balance to millions of jobs, the next cure to cancer, the next anti-aging cream.. whatever.. you get the point. In any case.. it's another argument towards going into business, you can have a bigger impact in the world and affect positive change and growth. Moreso than a lone researcher studying the photoluminescent properties of nanowires (sorry to use you as a scapegoat kd, you shouldn't have asked me to proofread that paragraph of yours!!). I'm not saying that the research isn't important.. it is.. very important.. but I think I can have more of an impact motivating and leading a large group of researchers in a more business role instead of being on the frontline doing the research myself.

enough of that.. onto hockey. I just need to get this in here. Hockey's back.. yeah!!!... it's a good game.. I almost forgot. New rules = too many penalties, but the players will eventually get used to it. Shootout = crap .. a really bad way to end 65 minutes of hard nosed play for 3 breakaways. Besides, the leafs suck in that department, they sent lindros, allison and o'neil.. they got problems. Maybe the shootout will grow on me.. we'll see.

k.. that's all for now.. I hope this doesn't induce more anonymous comments.. I seem to be a magnet for them.

bye

5 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Mohit said...

BASTARDS!
I'm taking away anonymous comments
that's it

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... i especially like the comment about the thick erections

please don't take down the anonymous posting option, mohit!

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Jesterhat said...

hahahahahahahaha this comment shit is pretty funny man.

But you see, it`s targeted advertisement... Don`t worry though, I won`t let anyone else know you need thicker erections... - I mean, they targetted your blog for a reason!

On to shoot-outs, i think it`s a positive change - but that`s just me.

As for research, don`t be bashing the guy on the 8th floor of the phys building doing research, because thatll be me.

And particles are WAY more important than nanowires *coughs*. right.

On another note, you`d better be ready for some intense SNESing... only 2 days left.

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger photoluminescent said...

For information on photoluminescent products and materials take a look at www.kemcotech.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home