Sunday, August 07, 2005

sunday morning tv shows..

many of you probably never get the opportunity, likely hung over from saturday night or simply used to waking up in the early afternoon, but I usually watch tv on sunday mornings. It's not that I don't like to sleep in, but the regularity of waking up at 7 on the weekdays coupled with my early bird noisy family usually gets me up in time.

so, what is there exaclty these days.. I sort of know a few shows well. There's "That's so Raven" and "Phil of the Future". Keeping in mind the quality is far from 24, they are still better than the bs american political news shows that are on at that time.

Today, I caught Zoey 101, starring... you guessed it, Britney Spears' little sister. The sunday morning tv show can be a lauching point to stardom. The key is to attract a younger audience and as they grow up you'll have them hooked. This is displayed most notabley with young hilary duff. It's like the clash of two worlds, on the one hand she's on much music in some borderline music video that screams statutory rape and on the other she's in some wholesome "today's lesson is" sunday morning tv show. Weird, weird. It's almost like the publicists are setting young britney up for stardom. They try to portray her as all innocent and caring.... blah.. blah.. It won't be long till she cracks out some music video and we'll be on our way. I see the transformation from wholesome kid to suppoed sex symbol as very weird and disturbing. It's like with the olsen twins. Whenever someone refers to them as "hot" or anything of the sort I find it very odd as I did watch them grow up on full house.

I know it's a short post and there is more to talk about, but I really need to buckle down for a certification text week.

bye for now.

2 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, are you dissing "Meet The Press with Tim Russert" on CNBC?

for your sake, i hope you're not (j/k)

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's so raven is on like 24/7 on the disney channel. & it's sad that I know all the shows you are talking about :S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home