Tuesday, July 26, 2005

date with the evil team..

I thought I'd do a quick post before our mandatory ip class here at company x (for those on pey, you probably know what I'm talking about... for those in research... too bad).

I've probably mentioned before how I'm on a bball team in an intramural league at company x. For those who have seen me play, I'm not what you'd say the next brown yao ming, but I'm okay (that being a relative term). We can of course ignore the beating I took at the hands of the eng sci prof team...

Luckily, however, my team is good (unlike the eng sci bball tourney.... j/k). We've got the tall brown man in the middle and a good support of other random peyers on their way out of company x. Today at noon is the final and we're up against a very dirty team named "company x product" wizards. When I mean dirty, I am not lying. They are by far the most underhanded team I've ever played against. They'll look for anything in the "rules" that they can stretch to their advantage. For example, we don't have shooting fouls, so you can guarantee that you'll never get a basket without being hacked at or pushed. When the ball goes up and people are looking for rebounds, you'd better watch out, as boxing out takes on a whole different level. Playing a team like them totally ruins the game. I don't even know how this people live with themselves. They're such two-faced bastards. One second they're all nice and friendly in the office and as soon as their on the court they adopt a "win at all costs" mentality. Man, I sooo want to say or do something as does the rest of my team, but there's a line you just can't cross. These people do not realize that this is friggin intramural ball at company x, geez. These were the guys who were picked last in elementary school and now they think they're some sort of superstars. We're playing for fun.

The game today should be very interesting.

I'll update later..

bye for now.

1 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger Mohit said...

hmm.. I didn't even think about bball meaning baseball.. my bad. But the yao ming reference should have clarified things.

IP = intellectual property... blah blah blah..
very boring stuff and a good reason not to work at a big company as a programmer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home