Saturday, May 07, 2005

second day

First off, the solution. I am not entirely certain of the four cases I have written down but they do seem to make sense. Let me know if there are problems.



From what I've learned on the first day I'm not even sure how much I'm allowed to discuss on my blog due to supposed "sensitive" IBM information. They're nuts about that stuff. I have a bunch of passwords for everything imaginable. And if you happen to lose your laptop they sit you in front of bunch of executives and grill you as well as your manager. No matter how nice you manager is, I doubt they'd be very pleased with you after that.

So, I've still done pretty much nothing besides setting up a bunch of accounts, renaming passwords etc.. but I have a feeling that's still a lot more than some of you research fellows. For instance, mr. funnybowlingalleyfall's sole task for his first week was to get familiar with his environment.

One thing I have started to notice is the many different type of people I see at work. Since I'm at the software lab there are mix of some business and mostly software type people. The software people can range from your quiet, reserved programmer to your outgoing "I love to code and I'm gonna let everyone know" programmer. There aren't many of the business type but so far they seem to be nice and helpful.

I'm gonna get some breakfast. bye for now.

1 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger starfire said...

hehe oh is that why i'm seeing more of you in everyone's blogs, eral...

and just another friendly poke at you research types - i've been just at home all this time, and i have done more work than you as well - installed some laminate flooring, painted a bedroom, and helped my bro move outta his apartment. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home