Tuesday, May 17, 2005

it's that time of the year

my nightly schedule nowadays is pretty much blocked out for tv. There's 24, the OC, and One Tree Hill. All of which I'm mildly obsessed with and are all functioning at top-notch levels of entertainment and nearing their respective finale's.

24
I've just learned from good old yahoo news, which I personally find to be a lot better than google (most popular is not always best!), tells of 24 being renewed for two more seasons on fox. That's nuts! What started off as a one season speciality show will turn into at least a 7-season series. I guess I'll be following along for at least two more years. I can only hope that they bring back Kim next year in some sort of capacity. Currently, the show is heading into its two hour finale next week with the same sort of suspense we've come to expect. Millions are about to die and Jack has to make another one of those, what's more important my best friend or ten million americans type decisions. It would be interesting to see them change things around in the show, ie. put Jack in a different position and KEEP HIM THERE. He always ends up being head of field ops one way or the other.

OC
Thanks to a nano meeting that ran a bit long on Thursday and me falling off to asleep trying to wait for the time-shifted version, I missed the OC episode. And to further my luck it turns out the MPAA bastards have shut down btfenet, leaving piratebay as the only functioning torrent place I know of. It took me almost a full two-days to download the show, but in the end it was worth it. A lot happened in that one episode. I personally feel that particular episode could even stand alone as a season finale, the only problem being that there weren't enough cliffhangers. I'm at least glad to see summer and seth back together... again, hopefully it'll last a bit longer this time.

OTH
Discussion of this nights episode ahead, so be careful.

Things have seemed to take a major turn in the show, particularly on the whole nathan and haley issue. I can't really see how the two of them can end up together in next weeks finale, so some of the hardcore nathan fans are gonna be disappointed. And then there's lucas and brooke, which they've managed to successfully delay for one more week bringing back some of the painful memories from OTH past when the love triangle was in play. Something big is going to happen and as it stands now I can only make random guesses at what it might be.

that's all for the tv shows.....

Work has not changed much over the past while. Still setting up things and figuring stuff out. Some of the number cruching I have to do can be a bit mind-numbing but hopefully I won't need to do much of that down the road.

Lastly, I've been reading War of the Worlds by mr. wells and in the book there is constant reference to a "heat ray" used by the martians against the humans. When I visualize it I imagine a large light sabre so it almost seems that mr. lucas may have borrowed that particular idea from mr wells. I just wanted to mention that as it sort of ties into last weeks oc episode.

that's all for now. bye bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home