Tuesday, March 22, 2005

110 dollars down the drain...

Today.... was crap... crappity crap (a G version of the famous aditya line)

Some helium, a bunch of nitrogen and little results. Damn power supply wasn't working so I had a choice between 4.20K and 4.15K, two points don't work well for fits. And the apparatus was eating liquid helium like a mofo, went through almost 20 litres and at 6 dollars a pop you get the title of the blog. I now have to waste another Tuesday doing it all over again... at least I don't need to go in tommorow morning. I'll be working on ESC and studying materials chem, my idea of a good time.

There isn't much else to talk about, the whole day was spent staring at a voltmeter, which set me up for doing little to no work up until now. I need some down time to recover from the stressful and annoying day.

In this down time I spent a good hour playing this win, lose or draw game hornyhamster sent me a link to. It was fun. There is however a bit of pressure when you're forced to draw for fifteen people and possess my drawing skills. The worst was the word "start"... not as easy as you think. I tried to draw people lining up for a race and someone shooting a gun... but that didn't work out so well. It's those simple words that screw you up.. I still can't think of a good way of approaching that one.

I also watched some of the amazing race. It annoys me when people on that show complain and bitch. They have the opportunity to travel around the world for free and they don't even realize it. They could be anywhere and it wouldn't matter it's all about the next taxi, the next challenge that keeps them going. If they would just step back for half a second ever so often and realize where they are and what they were doing it would go a long way to help their morale and motivation. The money is good... actually great... but that can't be the only thing. This is leading me to the amazing race is like life analogy.. but screw it..

that's all for today.

bye bye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home