Saturday, March 12, 2005

revenge of the profs?!?

Yesterday was... interesting.

Not your typical Friday to say the least. I actually slept in for once, which I frequently get the opporunity to do but rarely take advantage of. There's always some BS lab or assignment to take care of, but things are looking good for once, it seems like clear sailing, at least until finals...

About 30 mins before I had to head out for my TEM lab, I was given the star wars torrent. Under normal circumstances, downloading a 60 mb file off BT in 20 mins would seem difficult, but I guess revenge of the sith brings out everyone's benevolent side. The trailer was pretty amazing, tons of special effects, some natalie portman, and some insane fight scenes. The trailer and ceph (a surprising star wars fanatic) also helped me make some connections. I never realized that palpatine was that nasty evil looking emperor guy. I'm now very excited about the May 18th opening.

So, the TEM lab... ahhh.. it was three hours of extreme boredom, which I could normally handle.. BUT... when you are with two other people who seem interested it just makes things worse. We were cooped up in some stuffy room for 2 hours with a faint ethanol smell, a compressor that periodically turns on and off and lighting that constantly needed to be changed. Think about it, it was a damn torture chamber. .. I'm just glad I have that lab over with, it's not something I want to repeat, hence the underlying advice, avoid the TEM for grad school and thesis if at all possible.

Then there was of course the piece de resistance, eng sci basketball. We probably shouldn't have played but some strings were pulled and our crap ass team was the given the opportunity to fall flat on our faces. I'll mention the highlights.

- Getting smoked by the prof team, 7-0.. but I "inadvertently" knocked Cheng to the floor (that made it all worthwhile)
- Saigin getting hit in the head on a rebounded ball
- Pier sending me a pass through someone's legs, a good idea, but I had no idea PO was capable of such things, so I missed it
- Us TYING a team, 2-2, and it wasn't some shitty team they had some skill, we just worked harder.

Overall, it was fun. I of course want to play in future tournamants I only hope we can make some drastic improvements and be more competitive.

that's all for now.. I apologze for the shitty posting, not feeling so great with a slight headache and sore everything (thanks to bball)

bye bye

1 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Jesterhat said...

The 2nd one was McKay, the first JP... I... think. I did it twice. Hey, if it's all I could do, better appreciate it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home