Sunday, March 13, 2005

compton finished, raps go insane...

I'm sitting here on a Sunday night... chilling. Yes, Sunday night... no problems sets, no labs, I'm finished it all.. I think I'm starting to like school again. It's great when there's no work to do.

So it turns out the compton scattering lab wasn't bad at all. It was made a whole bunch easier thanks to people like Saigin and Jesterhat (thanks guys). I hope "guy with glasses" doesn't go wacko on me in the interview, if not, I don't see why I shouldn't smoke the lab.

Speaking of physics profs, I probably told you all about this but NMR/Aperiodic guy was in the toronto star. Although it had nothing to do with his research it was about his teaching, which people do not at all value enough at the university level. We almost show disrespect to instructors or lecturers just because they're not of professor status. It should be the reverse. I'm in my undergrad, I'm here to learn, teaching is top priority. Screw UT in its we don't give a crap if you can't speak english as long as you publish policy. Now I can see why pure undergrad places like Simon Fraser are good places to learn, there are no pompous profs who take lecturing as a royal pain in the ass thing they do inbetween their research.

Onto the raps. They were INSANE today. Threes raining from everywhere. Donyell Marshall was on fire. All he needed to do was walk over to the corner behind the three point line, wait.... get the ball and shoot. Philly really sucked it up on defence. The guy was on fire and they did nothing. I'm not complaining... it was extrememly entertaining and Donyell picked up an NBA record in the process. I guess I'm still holding onto that very outside chance that the raps can make the playoffs. You never know with this team. They can lose to the hawks one night and tie a franchise high in points the next. With the leafs gone, toronto needs a team to get behind. April is going to feel very dull without the usual hockey playoffs to keep us all entertained, it would be great for the raps to fill some of that void.

that's all for today.
bye bye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home