Friday, April 08, 2005

it's over. it's all over.

my post from this morning.. damn blogger was down.

It's hard to believe that I won't need to attend class for a full 16 months... no random funny comments, no quick naps, no chance eye contact with other people who have no idea what's going on and want reassurance that they're not alone. I don't think I'll miss the teaching, but I'm sure I'll miss the people. That's the problem with eng sci.. we're used to seeing each other everyday and don't realize what sort of friendships we've had until it's all over. I hope I can stay involved with school activities ie. Nanoclud during PEY so I have an excuse to drop by ever so often. I also hope I can throw together a party on the date of the last exam so some of the nanos can get together before we all split. I am in desperate need of ideas. I'm looking for something that is fun, inclusive, social and able to handle 20 people. Let me know if you have anything in mind.

okay.. so it's been awhile since I last posted so I'll touch on some of the key items of the week.

There was the much anticipated 24 on Monday. The show did live up to the hype. Lots of insane action, Jack killing a bunch of terrorists and even the possibility that the president is hurt or dead.

I had the pleasure of watching Sin City with hornyhamster and beyondchatsworth earlier in the week. I thought it was pretty good. It was very different and I respect that. Movies continually seem to be recycled garbage nowadays. For instance, take the movie Sahara. It's gonna be one of those let's run through the desert looking for treasure with hot girls who are wearing some not so authentic revealing native clothing. It's been done a million times. Creativitiy is key. Even though they may be pretty screwed up sometime like some Charlie Kauffman movies (adaptation, eternal sunshine .... ), they're pretty cool and interesting.

Moving on.. there was the concert on Wednesday. The venue was a lot smaller than expected, which made it seem sort of OCish back in the days when Seth was with Alex and Ryan with whatsehername. The only difference was there were 14 year old girls pretending to be 18 instead of 20 something girls pretending to be 18. That forces one to be careful where the eyes wander. You don't want to put yourself in a situation where you're one step away from being in immediate legal trouble. Overall though, it was a lot of fun. Bowling for soup was really good.

Lastly, yesterday brought the OC and apprentice. The OC was okay. The comic book storyline is developing which seems interesting and there was a climactic hail marry crystal egg toss to seth who came through in the clutch.

k.. enough out of me, I'll try to keep up with more regular posts.

bye bye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home